Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours! May you experience peace, love, and great food on this day!

Ben and I are spending a quiet day at home. We usually travel to celebrate Thanksgiving with his family; however, we both have to work tomorrow. So, we decided to make Thanksgiving as relaxing as possible! No thoughts of the outside world today! And thanks to Wegmans, our Thanksgiving meal is already prepared!

Our 2014 Happy Turkey
We ordered an antibiotic free, vegetarian fed, humanely raised turkey (aka Happy Turkey), complete with turkey gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, whipped sweet potatoes, green been casserole, and cranberry relish. Instead of having to cook all day long, the entire meal will only take 3 hours to heat up! However, before you think that I totally flaked on cooking for Thanksgiving, I did make an organic pumpkin pie for today's dessert!

Tanya's Organic Pumpkin Pie
So, what are we doing with all our spare time today? We slept in late. I made breakfast for us and then took a long, hot bubble bath. I'm decked out in my sweats and he in his jeans. He's ready to watch football. I'm going to read a novel and sew on my quilt. We'll call family later in the day. I'm also pretty sure that some cuddling will go on and napping will occur. Add that to an already cooked meal, pumpkin pie, and some wine, and we have a perfect Thanksgiving day!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment