Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 in Review

Wow, it's December 31, 2014! Tomorrow is a new year – a time where I set new intentions. But first, I want to take today to reflect on 2014.

January – March 2014
  • It snowed and snowed and snowed. I shoveled a lot of snow.
  • There was no balance in my work-life balance. The scales tipped strongly towards work.
  • As a creative outlet, I began writing this blog!

April – June 2014
  • I began to burn out from all the stress and was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue and high inflammation levels.
  • I decided to address my work-life imbalance by taking a trip with my best friend to Las Vegas to see Britney Spears in concert!
  • I took a 3-week basic cooking class at CulinAerie. Now I know how to use a knife properly and how to julienne!

July – September 2014
  • Ben and I trekked to Jiffy Lube Live to see KISS, Def Lepperd and Lynryd Skynyrd in concert!
  • I turned 43! For my birthday, my best friend gave me a copy of Thrive by Arianna Huffington. It helped change my life!
  • I spoke at the White House. Seriously! It was amazing!
  • Ben and I took a week-long road trip through New England. I crossed off my bucket list visiting Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.  Only 16 more states to go!
  • I spent a weekend with Oprah and 10,000 others during Oprah's Live the Life You Want tour in Washington, DC. Seeing Oprah - another item crossed off my bucket list!


October – December 2014
  • I attended Emerging Women Live 2014 in New York City! I met some amazing women, including Arianna Huffington, and decided I needed a lifeshift after doing a meditation with Gabrielle Bernstein!
  • I became a blogger at the Huffington Post Blog, reaching thousands of people so far and hopefully inspiring them! Another bucket list achievement!
  • To help reduce stress and my fatigue, I began taking Kundalini Yoga and started seeing a nutritionist. I even braved a 10-day detoxification cleanse!

In a nutshell, I worked a lot, got sick, and then remembered the goal that I set during my cancer journey to balance work and life and get healthy. I believe that everything happens for a reason. Once I refocused this year, amazing things began to occur. I had some kick ass experiences and met some awesome people, all of whom have touched my life in a special way. 2014 was a great year with a few not so great moments. It was a year that I needed. 

I can't wait to see what 2015 holds! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year my friend!!! Justine #everupward

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a bad ass, Tanya!!! Thanks for letting me know about your blogging! Your message about not letting your voice go unheard is so important for people to live!

    ReplyDelete